REFLECTOR: radio problems
Tom Martino
tmartino at troubleshooter.com
Mon Aug 22 09:44:01 CDT 2005
I know this may sound "overly" obvious ... and by no means do I want to insult your intelligence ... but the SAME thing happened to me. Same radio. Same antennas. The CNX 80 does not automatically adjust squelch and it is very touchy. Once adjusted properly it worked fine.
-----Original Message-----
From: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org]On Behalf Of TimRhod at aol.com
Sent: Monday, August 22, 2005 7:53 AM
To: Reflector at tvbf.org
Cc: TimRhod at aol.com
Subject: REFLECTOR: radio problems
Fellow builders:
I am building a Velocity XLRG. I wonder if you could make some suggestions to help me to trouble shoot a radio problem Im having. I have Garmin CNX-80 and SL-30 radios. I am able to transmit fine but both radios will only recieve if you are within several hundred feet. Beyond that no reception. I have dipole antennas, nav and comm in each wing that were prebuilt so I have no acess to the antennas Each wing has one comm and one nav antenna. Each radio is connected to a different antenna, right and left wing. Im not sure which antenna is the nav and which is the comm but I tried both , one working better than the other but neither one beyond a few hundred feet. From the RG-58 cable comming from the wing I have a connection in the strake to RG-400 cable that runs to the radio with one more connection about a foot behind the radio from a prewired radio stack. I would appreciate any input you could suggest. Thanks Tim
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20050822/4a3357e9/attachment.html
More information about the Reflector
mailing list