REFLECTOR: Catto

Brett Ferrell bferrell at 123mail.net
Mon Aug 15 13:06:04 CDT 2005


Thanks Dave, I'm expecting my prop from Craig 'any day now', and he gave me the
highlights of his situation by way of an explanation as to why my prop hadn't
shipped.  I don't know him that well, though he seems like a great guy, and
needless to say I was taken aback a bit and felt really bad that I was adding
to his stress level by having called to inquire about my order.  Long story
short, I decided to let him off the phone as quickly as I could, but was left
curious as to what had happened.  They've been on my mind a lot since then, and
I really do wish them all of the best.  If you hear from him can you please pass
along our best wishes from the Velocity community, and let us know if there are
any medical or scholarship funds set up for her?

Brett

Quoting Dave Dent <davedent at comcast.net>:

> I'm not sure if any of you heard yet but I think that all should know.  Craig
> Catto's daughter was in a aircraft crash two weeks ago.  She was on a
> training flight with an instructor doing a night flight for her privet pilot
> training.  They were in a Beach Musketeer when the engine quit on a flight
> into Rancho Murrieta, CA.   They tried to reach the field but didn't make it.
>  They hit 200 feet short of the runway.
> Sara, Craig's daughter broke her back in two places and the instructor
> shattered her back. She may be paralyzed for some time.  Sara got out of UCD
> on Sunday and will be wearing a turtle shell for the next four months.  She
> is very positive of the whole thing and is looking forward to going to
> Collage next month.  Craig is trying to work on a correspondence program for
> her.
> Sara earned a full scholarship for the aeronautics course at San Luis Obispo
> as well as a pilot's scholarship from Women In Aviation this spring.  Believe
> me this young lady is astronaut  material.  Let's keep this young girl in our
> thoughts and prayers.  Hoot Gibson gave her a call and put a real bright
> light into her hopes and dreams.  He talked with her for a good hour while in
> the hospital.
> So with this going on, Craig has needed a little space lately as you can
> imagine.
> If you would like more details on this I can send them to you but for now
> just remember Sara Catto.
> Dave


More information about the Reflector mailing list