REFLECTOR: Alan Shaw Wings Question
Al Gietzen
ALVentures at cox.net
Mon Aug 8 09:09:36 CDT 2005
I was unable to pass the rudder cable through either wing. It appears to
reach the very end of the wing but doesn't exit into the winglet root.
1 wing has a lot of, what appears to be foam/micro which "seeped" in to the
area before hardening. have started to carve away @ that & I am sure I will
find the end of the rudder cable conduit sooner or later.
I had some blockage in the conduit also. I flattened and sharpened the end
of some stiff wire (it's .073, I don't know what gauge), ran it in the
obstruction, cut it with maybe 6" extending, chucked it into a drill and
spun it through. On one wing there was obstruction about 3' in from the
inboard end (go figure), and both wings had some obstruction at the outboard
end. Worked for me.
The other side, has what appear to be the (triax?) layups from outboard
rudder skin to wing, traversing the center of the space. I don't think I
can cut those away, but I am pretty sure that there isn' room for the rudder
arm. Here is a pciture,
ANy suggestions??
I didn't have that problem, but; ah-h-h, don't be timid, do what you have to
do.
Al
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20050808/2a32805b/attachment.html
More information about the Reflector
mailing list