REFLECTOR: blue masking tape

Scott Derrick scott at tnstaafl.net
Tue Aug 2 09:32:17 CDT 2005


Great idea Nolan,

I'll be doing the same after painting.

Scott

N.V.Frederick wrote:

> Al,
> Not to worry, I have found an easy way to remove tape residue from 
> Plexiglas and gelcoated surfaces. I use some of my wife's Old English 
> furniture polish. I slather it on and cover it with some cling wrap, 
> just to keep it in place, and then wait overnight and just wipe it all 
> off. I'm confident most any oily stuff like WD-40 or even some thin 
> oil should do the same job. I just cleaned a lot of tape residue from 
> my windshield and fuselage with this approach and it works just fine.
> nolan
>
>     ----- Original Message -----
>     *From:* Al Gietzen <mailto:ALVentures at cox.net>
>     *To:* reflector <mailto:reflector at tvbf.org>
>     *Sent:* Sunday, July 31, 2005 11:41 PM
>     *Subject:* REFLECTOR: blue masking tape
>
>     Anyone know how long it is safe to leave the ‘blue’ masking tape
>     on the plexiglass windows before the adhesive gets left behind
>     when you pull the tape off. It seemed the quickest, easiest to put
>     on the inside while I’m spraying upholstery adhesive.
>
>     Thanks,
>
>     Al
>
>     ------------------------------------------------------------------------
>     _______________________________________________
>     To change your email address, visit
>     http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
>     Visit the gallery! www.tvbf.org/gallery
>     user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
>     Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
>     Check old archives:
>     http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
>
>------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
>_______________________________________________
>To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
>Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
>user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
>Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
>Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
>


More information about the Reflector mailing list