REFLECTOR: EGT Temps

Scott Derrick scott at tnstaafl.net
Thu Apr 28 21:56:47 CDT 2005


John,

>That's what I thought as well, so I removed the intake manifold and
>applied gasket sealer to both sides of the gasket.  It may have helped a
>little, but not much.
>
>  
>
mmm....  You'll regret that when you have to replace those gaskets.  
Manifold gaskets are made to seal with out smeagma.

>>I am assuming that at cruise, you are running the mixture
>>rich-of-peak.
>>    
>>
>
>I don't know.  I lean past peak power.
>  
>
We'll that might explain a wide variance in temps. If your trying to run 
LOP with mags you will get a wide range of  power output from each 
cylinder as some are much leaner than others.  With some EI's you can 
run LOP with stock injectors because the EI can advance or retard to 
provide the best burn for that RPM and power setting.

Scott


More information about the Reflector mailing list