REFLECTOR: Cabin Speaker

Jim Sower canarder at frontiernet.net
Thu Apr 21 23:16:18 CDT 2005


<... it wouldn't weight that much, it would be one more ... always fly with a handheld radiothing ...>
Doesn't a handheld weigh about six times as much as a cabin speaker?
Just wonderin' ... Jim S.



Chuck Jensen wrote:

>Andy,
>
>Good idea.  I was thinking a cabin speaker would be handy for ATIS, but the handheld would be just as "handy" and you're doing the backup check at the same time.  Good idea.
>
>Chuck
>
>-----Original Message-----
>From: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org]On
>Behalf Of Andy Millin
>Sent: Thursday, April 21, 2005 4:43 PM
>To: Jim_Agnew_2 at yahoo.com; 'Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list'
>Subject: REFLECTOR: Cabin Speaker
>
>
>I have an alternative plan.  Having a cabin speaker installed would be
>convenient, but as Kevin had said, I should make a light aircraft a
>priority.  So, although it wouldn't weight that much, it would be one more
>thing.
>
>I always fly with a handheld radio.  I like the assurance if I lost the
>electrical system in the Piper.  I use it to check the atis and at times to
>get my clearance.  It is a nice test before flying to insure that the backup
>radio is also in good working order.
>
>Probably not worth .02, but there it is.
>
>Andy
>
>_______________________________________________
>To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
>Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
>user:pw =vbf:jamaicangoose
>Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
>Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
>_______________________________________________
>To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
>Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
>user:pw =vbf:jamaicangoose
>Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
>Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
>
>
>  
>


More information about the Reflector mailing list