REFLECTOR: Avionics wiring - SL-30 to GMA 340

Al Gietzen ALVentures at cox.net
Wed Apr 13 12:22:52 CDT 2005


I'm running into some uncertainties in wiring up the panel, and am not
getting answers from the manufacturers or vendors, each referring me to the
other.  I'm connecting the SL-30 as COM 1 to the Audio Panel.

 

GMA340 has: COM 1 in - pin9; COM 1 return - pin 10

                     COM1 mic - pin 11; COM 1 key - pin 12

 

SL30 has: Headphone out - pin14; Headphone grnd - pin 13 (called audio
ground)

                Mic 1 - pin 8; Transmit key - pin 4; and mic ground - pin 7.

 

I'm going: SL pin 14 to GMA pin 9; 

       SL pin 13 to GMA pin 10;

                 SL pin 8 to GMA pin 11;

                 SL pin 4 to GMA pin 12.  What happens with SL pin 7?

 

Since the GMA has only pin 10 as "return" that must serve as "grnd" for both
headphone and mic.  I measure 100 ohm between pin 7 and pin 13 on the SL30
suggesting its expecting something different for mic and headphone return.
Do I jumper pin 7 to pin 13? Or do I have already have something else wrong.
I'd expect these two are fairly common units that get connected together -
anybody do it??

 

Thanks for any help,

 

Al (only more complicated than glass panel wiring is the income tax code -
a-r-r-gh!)

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20050413/44f6eb2a/attachment.htm


More information about the Reflector mailing list