REFLECTOR: Good Friday Landing

michalk michalk at awpi.com
Wed Apr 6 08:35:29 CDT 2005


Dave Bertram wrote:
> I have delayed passing this information until I could give a reason for 
> my engine failure.


Dave, I think you did an excellent job.
Your experiences are about experimental aviation, and you are farther 
out there in the experimental than most.  It's people like you who are 
advancing the technology for the rest of us.  Thank you.

Now, for some technology transfer.
I'm curious about several things.  First, I assume you are fuel 
injected.  What sort of pumps are you running?  I'd assume you couldn't 
run a centrifugal fuel pump.  What's the arrangement of your fuel feed?

What fuel pressure are you running?

What sort of fuel pressure regulator are you using?  Do you have a 
return fuel line?  Where does it return the fuel?

One other question.  How old is your fuel?  I assume you're running 
mogas.  You might have a tank full of winter blended gasoline that has a 
higher vapor pressure for easy winter starting.

I seem to recall someone here knew how to find out what gasoline formula 
was available in various locations.  Anyone know?


More information about the Reflector mailing list