REFLECTOR: Sump tank GEM float Sensor

Donald Royer djroyer at earthlink.net
Tue Apr 5 14:45:28 CDT 2005


I did the same thing. I decided that installing a relay would be simpler that unsealing the tank to turn the switch over. It works fine.
That also has the advantage that if the switch fails, the warning light will go on.

Don Royer


----- Original Message ----- 
From: 
To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list
Sent: 4/5/2005 1:03:20 PM 
Subject: REFLECTOR: Sump tank GEM float Sensor


I installed the Gem float sensor which I bought from the velocity factory in my sump tank per the instructions in the manual.  I installed the sensor so that when the sump tank is low, the float goes downward and the switch is open.  When the tank is full, the float is up and the switch is closed.  Unfortunetly I did not think to install a relay and I get the "low sump warning" when the sump is actually full because the switch is closed.  I can think of two different solutions:  1)  Install the relay  2) turn the sensor so that the float goes upward when the sump is full and goes downward when sump tank is low.  Has anybody installed the GEM float sensor so that the float goes up instead of down?  did this work ok for you?    or  is everybody simply installing the relay?  Thanks...

Bruce Topp
XL FG
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20050405/76b7cc15/attachment.htm


More information about the Reflector mailing list