REFLECTOR: RPM SENSING
Dave Dent
davedent at comcast.net
Mon Sep 20 00:21:47 CDT 2004
don't remember. It's been to long. It wasn't worth it at the time. I was also using a Rocky Mountain monitor as well and it worked fine. I wanted to see the advance more then any other anyway. That read OK and after watching it a number of flights I didn't pay much attention to it. So there it sits neglected, the poor thing. Ha.
----- Original Message -----
From: Tom Martino
To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list
Sent: Sunday, September 19, 2004 7:00 PM
Subject: RE: REFLECTOR: RPM SENSING
Thanks Dave ... I believe the "extra small" monitor you are talking about gets its reading from the RPM voltage output (from the output connector, Pin #2). Did you ever check the "Pulse Stream" (on the input connector, Pin #6) for accuracy?
-----Original Message-----
From: davedent at comcast.net [mailto:davedent at comcast.net]
Sent: Sunday, September 19, 2004 7:18 PM
To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: RPM SENSING
We have been using the LSE dual system on the Cozy and the output comes from the computers not direct from the Hall Effect or the direct sensor. So it don't mater what pickup you use, you can get it. I don't like the LSE for any output other then ignition though. I bought the extra small monitor from LSE for the system and the RPM does not read right or the MAP from the computer. Klaus says that you have to convert it related to the MAP. So I dropped the whole thing to be reliable, for any kind of data output that is. I check the output with a tach checker and direct reading MAP sensor. The gauge just goes along for the ride now.
-------------- Original message --------------
Anyone using an LSE Plasma II Electronic Ignition? If so, maybe you can answer this for me:
The Plasma outputs a "pulsed signal" to read RPM on an electronic tach or EFIS unit. Does it work with the direct crank sensor on a 6-cyclinder engine? Or do you have to use a Hall Effect sensor for the pulses to work?
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
_______________________________________________
To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
Visit the gallery! www.tvbf.org/gallery
user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20040919/a90c8d6e/attachment.htm
More information about the Reflector
mailing list