REFLECTOR: The Saga of the Gear Circuit and N992PC Gear up landing

NMFlyer1 at aol.com NMFlyer1 at aol.com
Thu Sep 16 21:40:56 CDT 2004


Jorge,  
 
 Pretty good annalysis, specially for a guy that lives in a town where  all 
the streets are in a perfect grid :) 
 
I ran through those same thoughts when I was trying to decide. since the  
same incident could very well have happened to me, plus the cost, time,  
insurance, etc.... I decided on the 173 FGE. 
 
Now I know that N11LW will be as fast as any 173 RG, since I have 325HP  
(with the same weight as the IO-360), but that wasn't the goal. I will never  have 
to beat myself up like the score of "those who have"... or wonder if I will  
be one of the " those who will".  But then again.... those of us with  
alternative engines have our own "possabilities". 
 
At the end of the day, it is indeed nice to know that all are well, and the  
time to fly (again) will be short. 
 
Here's to safe people, a good airframe, and tight-knit family of aviators. 
 
Kurt Winker
173 FGE 4.3L V-6 Chevy
 
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20040916/7646cff0/attachment.htm


More information about the Reflector mailing list