REFLECTOR: Velocity Factory Status

Brian Michalk michalk at awpi.com
Mon Sep 13 14:06:23 CDT 2004


I just recieved a call from Scott Baker.

He wanted me to relay the Velocity status to the rest of the Reflector, and
for you guys to tell those who may be affected by Velocity.

There is a lot of good news.
The factory is undamaged.  The service center, hangar, and all buildings are
okay except for minor damage such as gutters, and I assume all of the trash
that must be strewn about the property.  All aircraft that were stored are
undamaged; if your aircraft was there for inspection, or other service, it
is okay.  Existing customers are not affected.

They have been without power until late Sunday, however they still do not
have phones, fax, or internet service.  They expect to be back in
communications within a few days.

For those awaiting Velocity services, Scott thinks there will be a ten day
setback.  They are opening the factory today, reinstalling all of the
phones, computers, etc. that were removed for safekeeping.  Otherwise they
are busy making parts and performing service activities.

It is okay if people visit the factory, however do not expect demo rides for
a few days.  I'm sure they will put you to work reinstalling something.

All employees are safe.  The worst loss of property is the home of one
employee who had roof damage, and therefore significant water damage.  At
this time, the home appears repairable, but it is not liveable.  Scott did
not mention the name of this employee.  I guess it's up to the insurance
company to figure out what to do about it.

To sum it up, Scott said the biggest problem at this time is lack of
communications.  Everything else is fine.

I forgot to ask about the status of the runway, in case someone wanted to
fly in.  If someone knows if the airport is open, I'd appreciate a response
to this effect.

 Brian Michalk  <http://www.awpi.com/michalk>
Life is what you make of it ... never wish you had done something.
Aviator, experimental aircraft builder, motorcyclist, SCUBA diver
musician, home-brewer, entrepreneur and barely single.




More information about the Reflector mailing list