REFLECTOR: TRIM TRAVEL

John Dibble aminetech at bluefrog.com
Sun Sep 12 20:44:18 CDT 2004


Perhaps we should specify which model we're talking about.  I understand
that the XLs tend to be nose heavy and therefore your comment about not
needing much down pitch trim sounds good.  My SRGE is nose light when I
fly solo and I need a lot of nose down pitch to descend at 175 kn TAS.
I run out of down pitch trim above 160 kn IAS.

John

Ronnie Brown wrote:

> You will need 2" down elevator (up trim) for when you have two people
> up front.  You won't need much up elevator trim.This of course puts
> the trim spring right into your avionics.  See if you can reposition
> the trim spring so that it has more effect on the down elevator side
> and less on the up side. Re the elevator, you really don't need much
> down pitch (elevator up) unless you are trying to float stuff in the
> cabin.  And you can't do inverted flight so don't need it there
> either. Ronnie
>
>      ----- Original Message -----
>      From: Tom Martino
>      To: reflector at www.tvbf.org
>      Sent: Sunday, September 12, 2004 6:18 PM
>      Subject: REFLECTOR: TRIM TRAVEL
>
>      What deflection (elevator up and down) do I absolutely need
>      for pitch trim?I am finding it very difficult to get more
>      than a couple of inches (up and down) now that my radios are
>      in place. And because of my EFIS computer and other goodies
>      ... it won’t matter if I move it left or right. Am I
>      screwed?
>
>      -------------------------------------------------------------
>
>      _______________________________________________
>      To change your email address, visit
>      http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
>      Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
>      user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
>      Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
>      Check old archives:
>      http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
>
>    ----------------------------------------------------------------
> _______________________________________________
> To change your email address, visit
> http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
> Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> Check old archives:
> http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20040912/0bcb3a2f/attachment.htm


More information about the Reflector mailing list