REFLECTOR: Switching Grounds

KeithHallsten KeithHallsten at quiknet.com
Sun Sep 12 18:04:02 CDT 2004


Right you are!  As far as the switch is concerned, it makes no difference.  I know there are some situations where is may be more practical to switch the negative, but I can't recall any at the moment!
Keith Hallsten
 
  ----- Original Message ----- 
  From: Randy Wharton 
  To: reflector at tvbf.org 
  Sent: Sunday, September 12, 2004 3:11 PM
  Subject: REFLECTOR: Switching Grounds


  Not too long ago, someone mentioned that they ran ground wires to their switches instead of switching the positive lead because they thought it was safer? Not sure if I recollect exactly. But I don't remember anyone contradicting the idea. Would there really be any advantage in doing that? Because the switch provides that break in a circuit so that current stops flowing across it. When the switch is open, on side of the switch will be at the positive potential, and the other side will be at ground potential (in a power circuit.) So I fail to see any difference from the switch's perspective whether you have the switch on the hot side or the ground side of the load. 

   

  Randy Wharton

  N248RB - Velocity XL-RG

  http://clik.to/velocity

   



------------------------------------------------------------------------------


  _______________________________________________
  To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector

  Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
  user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
  Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
  Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20040912/0f9964fb/attachment.html


More information about the Reflector mailing list