REFLECTOR: SPARROW
Greg Poole
gpoole at zeta.org.au
Sun Sep 12 00:56:12 CDT 2004
...you sure Duane was not just having a little joke John?
- I cannot for the life of me believe that little itty bitty sparrow
strainer could do any such thing!
(...I think the reason Velocitys don't graze is simpy that they are usually
set up (not all) with just a little more weight forward of the main gear
when standing in the horizontal whereas the others wantto take the "rocket
stance" (pointed to the moon) until their noses are lowered downward -ie:
grazing- when the geometry moves the CG forward of the main wheels). With
the XL we played with down here (now owned by Dave Dent who you have all now
come to know and love!), I could relatively easily lift the nose and the
higher I lifted it, the lighter it appeared to get.
....if anybody knows different to my understanding please squeak up!
Greg in Sydney.
>
> I once asked Duane Swing why it was not necessary to
> park the Velocity in the "grazing" position since it
> had the same basic configuration as the other canard
> planes. He said it was because the "Sparrow Strainer"
> kept the nose from lifting while parked.
> John
>
>
>
> __________________________________
> Do you Yahoo!?
> Yahoo! Mail - Helps protect you from nasty viruses.
> http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail
> _______________________________________________
> To change your email address, visit
> http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
> Visit the gallery! www.tvbf.org/gallery
> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
>
More information about the Reflector
mailing list