REFLECTOR: Main gear, down and locked
David Scharfenberg
dave at winco.net
Sat Sep 11 23:02:32 CDT 2004
On my RG, I installed a microswitch with just a button (no lever) on the top
of one half of the toggle, with the button right over the spot where the two
toggle halves meet. I put a small piece of AL angle on top of the other
toggle half, so that the angle presses on the button of the microswitch when
the toggle is locked overcenter. The microswitch won't activate until the
toggle is completely locked. I worried at first about the wires going to
the switch since they move when the gear cycles, but the system has worked
perfectly for three years.
Dave Scharfenberg
std/RG
on 9/11/04 4:17 PM, Al Gietzen at ALVentures at cox.net wrote:
Subject: REFLECTOR: Main gear, down and locked
Al,
You mentioned that you had intended to use the over center locking arm to
activate the main gear down and locked micro switch. In one of the replies
someone said that they couldn't get it to work reliably. I don't remember
who it was that said that but perhaps they could elaborate on exactly what
the problem was. I used the locking arm and it seems to work just fine. I
have attached a picture for your reference.
Larry Coen
N136LC
Yes; Larry, I installed mine in the same spot. It seems that the reason the
gusset is shaped that way is for this purpose.
I installed the main gear ³Up and Locked² switch just under the pilot side
arm so it switched as the gear is up and the arms come together in an
inverted V. I recall our old friend Martin at Velocity recommending that.
However; it seems that even if the switch barely trips as the gear reaches
all the way up, in the first few inches of gear travel down the arms spread
so little that the ³band width² of the switch results in the gear hanging
out about 3 inches before closing the ³gear unsafe² circuit. Is my result
unique?
Al
_______________________________________________
To change your email address, visit
http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
Visit the gallery! www.tvbf.org/gallery
user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20040911/10fceda2/attachment.htm
More information about the Reflector
mailing list