REFLECTOR: CASTLES & COTTERS

Ronnie Brown romott at adelphia.net
Sat Sep 11 11:35:59 CDT 2004


Yes, you should use drilled bolts, castled nuts and cotter pins as recommended by AC-43.  I used them on all control linkages where I could reach them.  (the forward ball joint on the elevator is difficult).  The FAA inspector wanted them on the Aileron push/pull cable connection next to the engine and on the throttle and mixture control cable ends.

Re the elevator hinges, I used the Velocity recommended bolts and lock nuts.  Inspect these before every flight.  The FAA inspector didn't say anything about these.

Ronnie
  ----- Original Message ----- 
  From: Tom Martino 
  To: reflector at www.tvbf.org 
  Sent: Saturday, September 11, 2004 12:13 PM
  Subject: REFLECTOR: CASTLES & COTTERS


  I am soooo close now!   Exciting.  But a few items concern me.

   

  In attaching my elevators to the canard ... it calls for regular nuts and bolts.  I have always used drilled bolts, castle nuts and cotters whenever it came to a flight control surface where pivoting movement is involved.

   

  Any thoughts?

   

   

   



------------------------------------------------------------------------------


  _______________________________________________
  To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector

  Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
  user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
  Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
  Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20040911/7c3747d5/attachment.htm


More information about the Reflector mailing list