REFLECTOR: Gear warning horn; and other musings

Al Gietzen ALVentures at cox.net
Thu Sep 9 10:00:29 CDT 2004


Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Gear warning horn

 

Al,

 

I don't understand your reluctance to putting the gear up warning mico 

switch on your throttle.

 

Not reluctant really; just thinking there may be a better way.  And my
thought was that I would more frequently have closed throttle when I wasn't
landing than I would be going at final approach speed and not landing - or
maybe not.  But then if that speed switch isn't accurate . . . 

 

Jim wrote:

What might be your intentions? If I stretch /a lot/, I can come up with 

a couple of scenarios - none of which I would regard as really 

necessary

 

What scenarios?  Oh, well; there are those of us who might like a no-power
descent because we want to; not because we have to; or to pull the throttle
all the way back at 9000 ft or so, set up best glide, and enjoy 10 minutes
or so of serenity while enjoying some beautiful scenery; or soaring on the
updrafts on the NW side of the Trinity Alps . . .  (I'm sure I should never
admit to these things - or build a motor-glider).  Hey, if it works in a
Skyhawk, it ought to be better in a Velocity.  Necessary? Perhaps not.

 

I do take piloting (and building) as very serious business; and also to
enjoy.  I consider the occasional thoughtful playing as very different than
being reckless.

 

Are we PVORT again? ...

 

Sorry, Jim; you've got be on that one - you'll have to spell it out.

 

Al

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20040909/36868f6d/attachment.htm


More information about the Reflector mailing list