REFLECTOR: Aircraft Inspection prior to flight

Scott Derrick scott at tnstaafl.net
Wed Sep 8 21:50:29 CDT 2004


I think this is one of those areas open too interpretation.

When I was diagnosing a flutter problem, it would have been near impossible 
to do it without a co-pilot.  I wasn't in phase one though..

I think if your trying to solve some issue that involves many systems it 
would be appropriate.

Scott

At 07:07 PM 9/8/2004, you wrote:
>Not so.  The FAA is pretty serious about this one, and can make life really
>difficult if they find anyone other than the pilot in an experimental during
>the Phase I test period.  Only multi-engine aircraft with complex systems
>have more than one pilot as "required crew".  Only required crewmembers are
>permitted to be aboard during Phase I test flights.  You can use an
>electronic data logger, tape recorder, video camcorder, etc., but not
>another pilot!
>
>
>----- Original Message -----
>From: "Tom Martino" <tmartino at troubleshooter.com>
>To: "Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list" <reflector at tvbf.org>
>Sent: Wednesday, September 08, 2004 9:02 AM
>Subject: RE: REFLECTOR: Aircraft Inspection prior to flight
>
>
> > I was told that you can carry one passenger designated as a "crew" member,
>if they are a licensed pilot and their function is to record data.
> >
> > -----Original Message-----
> > From: MMurp16900 at aol.com [mailto:MMurp16900 at aol.com]
> > Sent: Wed 9/8/2004 8:31 AM
> > To: reflector at tvbf.org
> > Cc:
> > Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Aircraft Inspection prior to flight
> >
> >
> >
> > Hi Ronnie
> > I question the legality of caring passenger during phase one testing? (
>i.e.25 or 40 hours.)
> > Mack
> >
> >
>
>
>----------------------------------------------------------------------------
>----
>
>
> > _______________________________________________
> > To change your email address, visit
>http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
> >
> > Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
> > user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
> > Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> > Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
>
>
>_______________________________________________
>To change your email address, visit 
>http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
>Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
>user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
>Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
>Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html


"Those who sacrifice freedom to get security, deserve neither."
- Benjamin Franklin



More information about the Reflector mailing list