REFLECTOR: Aircraft Inspection prior to flight

Ronnie Brown romott at adelphia.net
Tue Sep 7 12:18:15 CDT 2004


Sorry to hear about your medical problem.

I highly recommend that anyone finishing up a Velocity get either (or better yet both) some one who has built and is flying a Velocity or an EAA Technical Counselor put a different pair of eye balls on your project.  There are things that the builder will just plain over look and keep over looking until someone points it out - then you smack yourself on the forehead, and say "damn, how did I miss that!!!"  

Re your flying, you could always take a pilot who can act as PIC with you.  There are always pilots around who would love to go flying.

And have you considered selling shares to pilots who would be glad to fly with you and you could ride with them too?  There are some excellent club rules and guidelines available from AOPA.  I was in a club owning a 172 with 2 other guys for 10 years and it worked out great!!!  I have been thinking about doing the same with the Velocity (except insurance is harder to get for the higher performance Velocity).

Ronnie





  ----- Original Message ----- 
  From: Ralph Pierce 
  To: reflector at tvbf.org 
  Sent: Saturday, September 04, 2004 12:07 AM
  Subject: REFLECTOR: Aircraft Inspection prior to flight


  I did my first flight in 29RP, a 173EliteRG, on 8 Nov 01.  Since then I have had some 
  medical problems and I am not sure that I will be able to fly it again.  I am looking at 
  selling it.  But before selling, I decided to have Steve Murphree, an approved Velocity
  A & P, and CFI, perform a pre-purchase inspection.  I wish I had done that before my
  first flight.  He was very thorough and found and helped me correct some discrepancies
  that I had overlooked.  I would highly recommend that anybody building a Velocity out 
  in the hinderland (like Idaho), give Steve a call and have him inspect your aircraft.  He 
  also put a couple of hours flying time on it, letting me ride along, which I really appreciated.

                                                                      Hope to fly again some day,
                                                                              Ralph Pierce


------------------------------------------------------------------------------


  _______________________________________________
  To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector

  Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
  user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
  Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
  Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20040907/8b370c25/attachment.html


More information about the Reflector mailing list