REFLECTOR: Uneven fuel draw

Lynn Gallup LGallup at mn.rr.com
Fri Oct 29 21:52:26 CDT 2004


I had very uneven fuel flow, so uneven, in fact, that one tank or the other would drain about 3/8 down before the other tank would even start to flow. I traced this to the mini-naca "scoop" on the bottom of airplane acting like a venturi and putting suction on the tanks through the vent line. I laid up a tiny traditionally shaped airscoop, sticking up just 1/4 inch above the fusilage surface, and glued it on over the naca scoop. With my now "pressurized" tanks I have not had even the slightest indication of uneven flow ever since.
Lynn
  ----- Original Message ----- 
  From: PVTPIL8 at aol.com 
  To: reflector at tvbf.org 
  Sent: Thursday, October 28, 2004 11:43 AM
  Subject: REFLECTOR: Uneven fuel draw


  I am having a very uneven fuel draw in my XL.  My right tank draws substantially faster than my left.  I understand others have had this problem.  I can transfer fuel with pumps.  I would like to know if anyone has been able to do something to get the fuel to draw more evenly?
  Steve
  XL-RG
  N787SB 


------------------------------------------------------------------------------


  _______________________________________________
  To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector

  Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
  user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
  Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
  Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20041029/28a192e4/attachment.htm


More information about the Reflector mailing list