REFLECTOR: Water Cooling

NMFlyer1 at aol.com NMFlyer1 at aol.com
Wed Oct 20 19:31:44 CDT 2004


I am using the big NACA ducts on the top of the fuselage, one feeds a  
radiator, The other is for induction and flow air. I have another NACA  inderneath 
that feeds the lower radiator (with a little more ram pressure when  climbing). 
 The upper is situated so that it drains "around" critical  items, and out 
the weep hole in the bottom of the cowl.  
 
I recently bought a cabin cover from bruces custom covers for my 235. I  
noticed that they have one for the Velocity. If the quality of the one I have is  
the same as the Velocity one, that would be very nice protection for "on the  
ramp" rain and sun, since it would cover the cabin and the naca inlets. 
 
I know AL said that Naca's weren't the best for use with radiators. Im  
hoping that he isn't 100% right on that one. I have an upper and lower NACA, but  
also have a boost cooler/heater in the nose.  With some luck, it will be  
enough. (keep in mind that "they" said the big NACA's wouldn't work on the top  of 
the Velocity too :) Im not flying yet, and I do have a backup plan/mod if I  
need it. All in the name of Lowwwwwdrag. 
 
Kurt Winker
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20041020/957222cb/attachment.html


More information about the Reflector mailing list