REFLECTOR: PITCH & ROLL TRIM

Dave Nelson davenali at charter.net
Mon Oct 18 21:54:06 CDT 2004


I agree that the factory pitch trim system leaves alot to be desired.  Last winter I worked with Alexis Strong (of Cozy fame) to engineer a system for my Velocity STD-RG based on his well proven design that's flying in dozens and dozens of EZEs out there.  I've been (slowly... very slowly) putting together an article to describe my results.  In net, working with Alex, we modified the design for my Velocity and I'm very, very pleased with the results.  I'll try to post more in the next couple of days if anyone's interested.

Dave
  ----- Original Message ----- 
  From: Tom Martino 
  To: Velocity Email List (E-mail) 
  Sent: Wednesday, October 13, 2004 9:51 AM
  Subject: REFLECTOR: PITCH & ROLL TRIM


  I like most everything about the Velocity design except for the pitch and roll trim.  So I am finally doing something about it.  I am installing tiny trim servos in the elevator and one aileron and outfitting them with piano hinged trim tabs.  The wires will be run inside the torque tubes.  I am happy to be eliminating that clunky linear activator and the cumbersome fiberglass trim spring on the canard and the string & spring roll trim.

   

  Anyone else ever do this?

   

  BTW - I have forgotten to post the paint designs I promised . but it's been difficult to get my graphic artist to send me the digitals.  All I have now are large print-outs.  They should be coming soon.  



------------------------------------------------------------------------------


  _______________________________________________
  To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector

  Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
  user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
  Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
  Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20041018/c25c04dc/attachment.html


More information about the Reflector mailing list