REFLECTOR: Flat wrench

Chuck Jensen cjensen at dts9000.com
Fri Oct 15 10:31:14 CDT 2004


Paranoid is good.

Chuck

Do Not Archive

-----Original Message-----
From: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org]On
Behalf Of Scott Derrick
Sent: Friday, October 15, 2004 9:26 AM
To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Flat wrench


At 04:34 AM 10/15/2004, you wrote:
>For many of our younger and physically fit owners, what you say is true.
>On the other hand, I've encounter more than a few Velocity models with a 
>very heavy nose weight - and to lift the nose off the ground was hernia 
>producing.  Many Velocity owners (because of age or disability) simply 
>don't have the physical ability to lift 100 pounds (or more!), stand on 
>one foot, and push the nose wheel around with their other 
>foot.  Unfortunately, this important check - which really should be done 
>during every preflight ... really, before every flight, is often ignored.

A good point about the weight, but I won't fly my plane without doing a 
"truckers" tension check by lifting the nose and kicking the tire.  If I 
was to feeble to do it by brute force, I'd figure out someway to accomplish 
the inspection.

Though I have flown many a flight in C172's, 182's, B35's. Mooney's  and 
never checked their anti-shimmy device during pre-flight, maybe I'm getting 
paranoid in my old age?

Scott

"Those who sacrifice freedom to get security, deserve neither."
- Benjamin Franklin

_______________________________________________
To change your email address, visit
http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector

Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html


More information about the Reflector mailing list