REFLECTOR: Flat wrench

HYTEC45 at aol.com HYTEC45 at aol.com
Fri Oct 15 09:14:27 CDT 2004


What is/was wrong with the castle nut as used originally?  In reality, any 
application where a rotating part is faced against a washer/nut, the nut should 
be castleated.  I have a castle nut, and have had no problems.  Is it because 
a thin castle nut is not available?  Just take a standard nut and face off a 
little.  If I had to carry tools (other than the normal survival kit) just to 
check individual items, (remember the guys who had to carry a torque wrench for 
the ivos and check before each flight) I would probably look at building 
something else.  Homebuilding should not continue during flights.  One thing I 
have noticed in homebuilding (been active over 30 years) is just about any where 
you could break down, there is someone that is willing to help.  I am, and 
have on many occasions.  Most of the builders I know are as I am sure you guys 
are to.

Speaking of hardware, how many people pay attention to placing the correct 
side of an AN washer down?  There is one.

TEC
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20041015/e7159295/attachment.htm


More information about the Reflector mailing list