REFLECTOR: Flat wrench
Ronnie Brown
romott at adelphia.net
Fri Oct 15 06:37:09 CDT 2004
I agree with Scott. This year, I neglected to disassemble and clean the
washers. Then I began having nose wheel shimmy even though I was having a
hard time turning.
After cleaning and lubricating the pivot and washers, it all is working
perfectly again. Easy to steer and no shimmy with the torque set to 15
pounds. I use a large channel lock plyer to work on my nose wheel nut.
Works fine.
Ronnie
----- Original Message -----
From: "Scott Derrick" <scott at tnstaafl.net>
To: "Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list" <reflector at tvbf.org>
Sent: Thursday, October 14, 2004 10:27 PM
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Flat wrench
| I don't understand all this concern with the nose wheel nut?
|
| I kick the tire when I preflight to verify its not loose. Its always
tight.
|
| I removed the fork every annual and regrease the washers, retighten the
nut.
|
| I think I have tightened it once other than at the annual inspection, I
had
| taxied through lots of water and snow for a couple months and it got
loose.
|
| I put 100 to 125 hours a year on my plane.
|
| Scott
|
| At 08:08 PM 10/14/2004, you wrote:
| >Go to any pluming supply. It's a thin wrench. The two items we always
| >carry in the aircraft is a fish scale and that wrench. We set it at 15
lb.
| >pull whent hooked in the rear tire tread.
| > From Steve and Mack XL/RG
| >_______________________________________________
| >To change your email address, visit
| >http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
| >
| >Visit the gallery! www.tvbf.org/gallery
| >user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
| >Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
| >Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
|
|
| "Those who sacrifice freedom to get security, deserve neither."
| - Benjamin Franklin
|
| _______________________________________________
| To change your email address, visit
http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
|
| Visit the gallery! www.tvbf.org/gallery
| user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
| Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
| Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
More information about the Reflector
mailing list