REFLECTOR: PITCH & ROLL TRIM

Brian Michalk michalk at awpi.com
Wed Oct 13 16:06:16 CDT 2004


How about using the sparrow strainer as a trim tab?
  -----Original Message-----
  From: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org]On
Behalf Of Alex Balic
  Sent: Wednesday, October 13, 2004 10:54 AM
  To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list
  Subject: RE: REFLECTOR: PITCH & ROLL TRIM


  Be careful Tom, at least with the elevator trim- it won't work like you
think- the "elevator" on a canard is really a fowler flap and won't take
trim like a normal elevator would- I would guess that the trim tab would
need to be about 30% the size of the elevator to get the effect that you
want, and then it would destroy the effect that the flap produces-  The trim
tabs should work on the ailerons though......
    -----Original Message-----
    From: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org]On
Behalf Of Tom Martino
    Sent: Wednesday, October 13, 2004 8:52 AM
    To: Velocity Email List (E-mail)
    Subject: REFLECTOR: PITCH & ROLL TRIM


    I like most everything about the Velocity design except for the pitch
and roll trim.  So I am finally doing something about it.  I am installing
tiny trim servos in the elevator and one aileron and outfitting them with
piano hinged trim tabs.  The wires will be run inside the torque tubes.  I
am happy to be eliminating that clunky linear activator and the cumbersome
fiberglass trim spring on the canard and the string & spring roll trim.



    Anyone else ever do this?



    BTW – I have forgotten to post the paint designs I promised 
 but it’s
been difficult to get my graphic artist to send me the digitals.  All I have
now are large print-outs.  They should be coming soon.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20041013/927cde27/attachment.html


More information about the Reflector mailing list