REFLECTOR: Fwd: RE: Brake Upgrade

Scott Derrick scott at tnstaafl.net
Thu Oct 7 12:35:13 CDT 2004


I got this from Matco in response to a query about upgrading my brakes.


>Mr. Derrick,
>The modification requires you to send your brake calipers to us (the entire
>brake assembly) so that we can modify the caliper housing to accept 1.50
>inch diameter pistons.  There are a few components in the brake that also
>get changed.  The conversion is just over $100 per caliper.  We can also
>upgrade the linings at the same time for $41.40 for both calipers (Normally
>51.75 for the reline kit and we install for no charge).
>
>We do not need the brake plate (the plate attached to the axle that the
>caliper floats on) when you send them back.  We will provide you with a
>Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA) number if you opt to send them back
>for the conversion.
>
>George R. Happ
>MATCO mfg
>801-486-7574    801-486-7581 (F)
>www.matcomfg.com
>
>-----Original Message-----
>From: Scott Derrick [mailto:scott at tnstaafl.net]
>Sent: Thursday, September 16, 2004 4:18 PM
>To: tech at MATCOmfg.com
>Subject: Brake Upgrade
>
>Hi,
>
>I have a 97 Velocity.
>
>I have heard I can have my current brakes upgraded to the XT model?
>
>If so, how do I go about doing this?
>
>thanks,
>
>Scott Derrick
>
>"Those who sacrifice freedom to get security, deserve neither."
>- Benjamin Franklin


"Those who sacrifice freedom to get security, deserve neither."
- Benjamin Franklin



More information about the Reflector mailing list