REFLECTOR: 65VT/ angle-of-attack system

Jim Sower canarder at frontiernet.net
Tue Oct 5 23:06:46 CDT 2004


<... Are you saying you normally land at 70? How much weight is in the 
front seats? What wing/airframe configuration? ...>
Standard 173 converted to gull wing doors from top loader.  280 - 460# 
in front seat (depending if wife is along).  70 kts if the air is 
smooth.  75 if it's choppy and still 80 if it's really rough or >10 kts 
x-wind.  Actually, on choppy days, if things smooth out and I'm 
comfortable crossing the fence, I cut early so as to do most of my 
"floating" in the overrun.  I HATE to land long.  I virtually never 
touch down as far down the runway as the "IFR stripes".  Nearly always 
within 5-10 yds of the numbers, VERY rarely short of the numbers.

Probably a good practice; probably a bad habit .... Jim S.


More information about the Reflector mailing list