REFLECTOR: RE: Captive cowl fasteners

John Tvedte JohnT at comp-sol.com
Sat Oct 2 21:02:55 CDT 2004


Brian,
 
This is good news - I've been waiting to hear how things worked out.  I may be blind, as I can't seem to find any pictures of this on your website - could you let me know?
 
Thanks,
 
John

	-----Original Message----- 
	From: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org on behalf of Brian Michalk 
	Sent: Sat 10/2/2004 2:53 PM 
	To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list 
	Cc: 
	Subject: RE: REFLECTOR: RE: Captive cowl fasteners
	
	
	Yes, Skybolt Fasteners.
	 

	 Brian Michalk  <http://www.michalk.com <http://www.michalk.com/> >
	Life is what you make of it ... never wish you had done something.
	Aviator, experimental aircraft builder, motorcyclist, SCUBA diver
	musician, home-brewer, entrepreneur and barely single
	  

		-----Original Message-----
		From: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org]On Behalf Of Tony Babb
		Sent: Saturday, October 02, 2004 12:48 PM
		To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list
		Cc: reflector at tvbf.org
		Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: RE: Captive cowl fasteners
		
		
		Brian,
		 
		Are these the Skybolt fasteners? FWIW I wandered around the pits a couple of times at Laguna Seca racetrack and talked to some of the mechanics as the open wheel cars have similar requirements for attaching body panels. All used camlocks or skybolt fasteners.One said the skybolts were better as they could be adjusted.
		 
		Tony

			----- Original Message ----- 
			From: Brian Michalk <mailto:michalk at awpi.com>  
			To: Gordon Putney <mailto:CGPutney at msn.com>  
			Cc: reflector at tvbf.org 
			Sent: Saturday, October 02, 2004 8:22 AM
			Subject: REFLECTOR: RE: Captive cowl fasteners

			Sorry for the delay.
			 
			I have mine installed, and am using the following parts:
			 
			Stud: sk40s5-2s
			Grommet: sk-0s
			receptacle: sk245-4
			snap ring: skr4g
			 
			It's about $10 per fastener.  Not cheap, but I like them.
			 

			 Brian Michalk  <http://www.michalk.com>
			Life is what you make of it ... never wish you had done something.
			Aviator, experimental aircraft builder, motorcyclist, SCUBA diver
			musician, home-brewer, entrepreneur and barely single
			  

				-----Original Message-----
				From: Gordon Putney [mailto:CGPutney at msn.com]
				Sent: Friday, September 24, 2004 7:55 PM
				To: Brian Michalk
				Subject: Captive cowl fasteners
				
				
				Brian,   Have you posted subject pics yet?    I can't find them.   Also, have you the source and part numbers?
				 
				Thanks,   Gordon

			
  _____  


			

			_______________________________________________
			To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
			
			Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
			user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
			Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
			Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html

-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Type: application/ms-tnef
Size: 8570 bytes
Desc: not available
Url : http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20041002/5203bc0e/attachment.bin


More information about the Reflector mailing list