REFLECTOR: Landing Gear for Standard RG
Randy Wharton
rwharton at buckeye-express.com
Fri Oct 1 13:13:35 CDT 2004
I have a newer XL-RG (May 04) and the nosegear doors were NOT made
from the fuselage cutout; they were a separate molded piece complete
with foam and the top-side reinforcements already installed. A
picture of mine can be seen on my website at http://clik.to/velocity
> Fuselage > Photo 60. It's the white molded part on the shelf under
the fuselage. Other photos that show the nosegear door piece closer
as I was installing it are #93, #97, and #98. #98 is probably the
best photo showing the inside of the piece. All these photos were
before I cut them into two pieces.
Randy Wharton
N248RB XLRG
http://clik.to/Velocity
---- Original Message ----
From: scott at tnstaafl.net
To: reflector at tvbf.org
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Landing Gear for Standard RG
Date: Fri, 1 Oct 2004 12:11:15 -0400 (EDT)
>The doors as you know are made from cutouts from the fusalage. In
>other
>words they arn't an item the factory ever carrys in stock. You'd have
>to
>buy a fusalage to get a pair of nose gear doors. Probably not an
>option
>anyone would copmtemplate.
>
> When I had my shy nose gear incident the doors were open when I
>landed,
>the nose gear hung on thegudes fully retracted. They were in pieces,
>some
>missing when I finished the short nose slide down the runway. I
>rebuilt
>them using the most complete one(only 5 pieces) and the fusalage it
>self
>as a guide. You may need to do the same if you have to build some
>doors.
>
>
>>
>> I know that the factory has been going through a bit of a tough
>time
>> lately, but I've got to get my plane back in the air! It is
>starting to
>> affect my business operations (negatively)! My parts were supposed
>to be
>> sent out the week before Frances hit. God knows how long they will
>be now!
>>
>> Therefore, I am wondering if there are any engineering drawings for
>all
>> three landing gear (main & nose) and doors for a Standard RG or if
>anyone
>> knows where I can get these items. I can get these items fabricated
>> locally
>> if I can get the engineering drawings.
>>
>> I, also, wanted to convert the braking system on my Standard RG to
>a Toe
>> Brake system. This is not a priority to get this plane flying, but
>it
>> would
>> be easier to install while it is being repaired.
>>
>> I have tried AircraftSpruce but a Velocity is not a kit that they
>carry
>> parts for.
>>
>> Thank You
>>
>> Murray
>>
>> _______________________________________________
>> To change your email address, visit
>> http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>>
>> Visit the gallery! www.tvbf.org/gallery
>> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
>> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
>> Check old archives:
>http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
>>
>
>_______________________________________________
>To change your email address, visit
>http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
>Visit the gallery! www.tvbf.org/gallery
>user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
>Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
>Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.ht
>ml
More information about the Reflector
mailing list