REFLECTOR: Speed Brake

Scott Derrick scott at tnstaafl.net
Fri Oct 1 11:31:48 CDT 2004


Gilles,

I have a Std RG with the speed brake.

I'm glad I do.  I don't use it every time but usually do.  It does the
following for me.

1.) Allows a more nose down attitude during landing, at same or reduced
speed, which provides a much appreciated larger view out the windscreen. 
I'm used to a Bonanza's view and the Velocity's is miserly in contrast.
Any help in this area during landing is great by me.

2.) Can be used to increase descent rate if your a bit high, a great tool
when needed.

3.) Reduces landing roll out.  Very much appreciated on those short
strips, or long landings(maybe I'm the only one who fumbles a landing in
this way?).

4.) Reduces slinging stuff from the nose gear into the prop on dirty
runways and taxi ways.

Scott

> I am to the point where I need to decide about speed brake for XLRG. What
> are the comments about the one<s who did install it.
> Does it worth the work and weight. and when are you really using it?
>
> Thanks
> Gilles
>
> _______________________________________________
> To change your email address, visit
> http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
> Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
>



More information about the Reflector mailing list