REFLECTOR: Yoke vs. Stick

Scott Derrick scott at tnstaafl.net
Tue Nov 30 21:02:30 CST 2004


I like the stick so much I'd hate to have to go back to a yoke..  Its so 
comfortable no matter how long the flight.

I do prefer the dual stick, left hand for left seat, right hand for right 
seat like a Cozy or Cirrus.  I wish Velocity had considered that change 
instead of the spam can yoke mod.

In turbulence it can be a small pain to tune radios and such..  I do use my 
autopilot a lot, but in real rough weather I like to fly it myself..

Scott



At 05:57 PM 11/30/2004, you wrote:
>I have seen several RV's set up this way.  Pilot and instruments on the 
>right side so they could fly it like a cub or champ, stick in right hand, 
>throttle in left hand.  I considered doing the same thing, but decided I 
>didn't want to build another panel - mirrored from the standard panel. I 
>had 800 hours in a C172 and I thought the opposite throttle and controls 
>would be a problem - but not.
>
>I have flown my plane 150 hours which includes a good bit of IMC and it 
>turns out to be a non issue.  The Velocity is so steady it is easy to fly 
>it hands off, or using my left hand on the stick and right hand for the 
>radios.  Turn the Navaid autopilot on and it is really easy.  Copying 
>clearances is a non problem too.
>
>Ronnie
>
>----- Original Message -----
>From: <mailto:HYTEC45 at aol.com>HYTEC45 at aol.com
>To: <mailto:reflector at tvbf.org>reflector at tvbf.org
>Sent: Tuesday, November 30, 2004 6:06 PM
>Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Yoke vs. Stick
>
>In a message dated 11/30/2004 2:30:20 PM Pacific Standard Time, 
><mailto:joel.l.carruth at lmco.com>joel.l.carruth at lmco.com writes:
>Also, it seems like it would be easier to manage the radio stack (dual
>COMMM/NAVs, a GPS, and a xpdr) with your right hand free... especially
>flying IFR.
>
>That's why most helicopters fly PIC from the right.
>TEC
>
>
>----------
>_______________________________________________
>To change your email address, visit 
>http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
>Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
>user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
>Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
>Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
>
>_______________________________________________
>To change your email address, visit 
>http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
>Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
>user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
>Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
>Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html


"Those who sacrifice freedom to get security, deserve neither."
- Benjamin Franklin



More information about the Reflector mailing list