REFLECTOR: PITCH TRIM TRAVEL

John Dibble aminetech at bluefrog.com
Sun Nov 28 20:28:39 CST 2004


When I'm flying solo, at cruise, I need all the elevator up I have.
It's about 3/4" which is less that what you could get on the ground when
there is no force of air on the elevator.  With 2 people it's about 3/8"
elevator up.  After landing solo, my elevator is about neutral or a
little up.

Tom Martino wrote:

> Forgive me for being so thick ... but I am getting all kinds of
> different opinions.I need to know from someone WHO IS FLYING ...
>
> Exactly how much “Elevator Up” travel (from neutral) do you need to
> trim in when flying two people up front at cruise.
>
> When landing, I know you probably need pretty good “Elevator Down” (up
> trim) for final and landing ... but I REALLY need to know what to
> expect at cruise.Does the Velocity want to pitch up?Causing the need
> to “trim down” – if so, how much?
>
> Thanks for you patience and information.
>
> Tom
>
>    ----------------------------------------------------------------
> _______________________________________________
> To change your email address, visit
> http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
> Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> Check old archives:
> http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20041128/4303b5aa/attachment-0001.htm


More information about the Reflector mailing list