REFLECTOR: Odd fuel pressure Problem

Scott Derrick scott at tnstaafl.net
Sat Nov 27 08:11:32 CST 2004


Jack,

Concerning the negatives about the Vision, I feel the same way.  Plus its 
unreadable in certain lighting conditions and their replacement parts 
prices are outrageous(200% market in some cases).....

I have heard the new VM 2000 addresses all the items we are concerned with, 
cept the replacement sensor prices...

Scott

At 10:37 PM 11/26/2004, you wrote:
>Jack Sheehan wrote:
>
>>Scott,
>>Here is what I understand. The VM-1000 is a really good instrument. there 
>>have been a lot of installation problems but the readings you get from 
>>the instrument are correct usually.
>
>I have the VM-1000 in the velocity and had a JPI in the A36.
>VM has a great display but I'm not too excited by the rest of the system. 
>I have seen oil pressure drop to zero if I transmit on one particular 
>frequency (obviously an RF interferance issue). I don't like that I have 
>no control over limits and alarms.
>
>JPI on the other hand has great features like programming your own limits 
>for alarms etc. Stores all the data for download to a PC, this can then be 
>graphed in MS Excel ..... fantastic! The sensors work as advertised. But 
>... the display is physically too small IMO.
>
>If the two companies have merged, hopefully they will combine the best 
>features of each.
>
>Steve B
>_______________________________________________
>To change your email address, visit 
>http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
>Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
>user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
>Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
>Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
>


"Those who sacrifice freedom to get security, deserve neither."
- Benjamin Franklin



More information about the Reflector mailing list