REFLECTOR: Odd fuel pressure Problem

Scott Derrick scott at tnstaafl.net
Fri Nov 26 15:06:10 CST 2004


>observations, I don't think it incautious to question the instrument (the
>sendor, wiring and/or computer).

I don't either....

>The most contradictory indication is when
>you turn on the boost, it goes to normal pressure, which argues against a
>poor connection/wiring problems.

Not quite normal pressures though, about 8 psi low...  Also I'm not 
convinced that the sensor is linear, meaning it could have an erronious low 
pressure but near normal high pressure, Does that make sense.

>I'll refrain from giving detailed troubleshooting advice as this is coming
>from a person who has a newly installed GRT EIS/EFIS system that indicates I
>should be flying at about 435kts since my fuel flow is right at 60 gph.

hahahahahah :-)  Ah, that definitely makes me feel better!!  I'm smiling again!

>Finally, anyone think it reasonable that Scott could have continued his
>flight given 1) no indication that the troublesome indication was accurate,
>2) no flight/performance anomanlies observed, 3) the back up fuel pump
>seemed to perform as required.

If it had been just me, I might have continued on. Might...  But with a 
non-pilot passenger , who is also my wife, I am more than conservative in 
my flight decisions.

Scott




"Those who sacrifice freedom to get security, deserve neither."
- Benjamin Franklin



More information about the Reflector mailing list