REFLECTOR: Garmin 296
Barber Law Firm
CBarber at TexasAttorney.net
Wed Nov 24 09:56:10 CST 2004
I do like the versatility of the IPAQ outside the plane...actually, I did. I
have stopped using the IPAQ except as my GPS. My cell phone is a full PDA
(Motorola flip type) and it is really only used for addresses and schedule.
All the best,
Chris
Christopher Barber
Attorney and Counselor at Law
"Serving the needs of Senior Texans"
Barber Law Firm
11930 S Sam Houston Pkwy E
Suite 103
Houston, Texas 77089-4755
281-464-LAWS (5297)
CBarber at TexasAttorney.net
www.TexasAttorney.net
-----Original Message-----
From: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org]On
Behalf Of HYTEC45 at aol.com
Sent: Wednesday, November 24, 2004 9:16 AM
To: reflector at tvbf.org
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Garmin 296
In a message dated 11/24/2004 6:26:04 AM Pacific Standard Time,
scott at tnstaafl.net writes:
I meant to say, What GPS are you using with your Control Vision powered
Ipaq?
You can use almost any GPS with a data output, but Control Vision has
there own they sell that is wired directly into the harness for the iPAC. I
have the GPS velcrod to the top of the canard. The whole shooting match
including the iPAC 4700 (latest with 4" screen & bluetooth) GPS, software,
connectors, et. is $1,145.00 (www.controlvision.com). If you have a PDA and
or GPS you can purchase ala cart.
In regard to the honorable Velocityxlrg comments on the 296, I agree the
296 is a great unit, it does however sit in the plane 99% of the time doing
nothing for you. Most all the features of the 296 mentioned, Control Vision
has also. Terrain, gear, altitude, decent, fuel warnings, HSI, and the new
displays are very bright and readable in daylight. Also as I mentioned, I
have all IFR plates on it to and update them on line. I'm not a spokesman
for Control Vision or anyone, and while I may have a piece of s%*t mt prop I
hate, this thing I love.
TEC
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20041124/752693cb/attachment.html
More information about the Reflector
mailing list