REFLECTOR: Ordered Propeller
Ronnie Brown
romott at adelphia.net
Wed Nov 24 08:58:40 CST 2004
I really don't think there would be a problem with mounting a 200 HP prop on
a IO540 as long as you keep the rpms below 2700. The static RPMS would help
Craig as would the airspeed produced at 2700 rpm. The prop is designed for
200 HP (or more - Craig actually rates his props at 3100 rpm max) and as
long you're not exceeding the 2700 rpms, shouldn't be a problem.
Love my Catto prop!!!
Ronnie Brown
173 Elite RG
----- Original Message -----
From: "Scott Derrick" <scott at tnstaafl.net>
To: <alex157 at direcway.com>; "Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list"
<reflector at tvbf.org>
Sent: Wednesday, November 24, 2004 9:17 AM
Subject: RE: REFLECTOR: Ordered Propeller
> Alex,
>
> I'll let you know.. I too have a 200 HP Catto on my plane now for my
IO360,
> I wouldn't even consider mounting it on the Continental.
>
> Scott
>
> At 05:56 PM 11/23/2004, you wrote:
> >Scott,
> >Please keep us informed on your progress with that prop- I will be next
in
> >line to order in about the time you receive yours- I have one of Craig's
> >props for use on a 200 to figure out what I will need, but with 350 hp
> >available I don't think it will give much useful info, so I will rely on
> >your experience.
> >
> >Alex
> >
> >
> >-----Original Message-----
> >From: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org]On
> >Behalf Of Scott Derrick
> >Sent: Tuesday, November 23, 2004 1:46 PM
> >To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list
> >Subject: REFLECTOR: Ordered Propellar
> >
> >
> >Well, I'm excited!!!
> >
> >Have been going over flight test numbers and engine specs with Catto the
> >last couple of days.
> >
> >We've decided on the parameters for my new prop for the TSIO520 I'm
> >building and I sent off the deposit so I am now in line for a projected 3
> >month delivery.
> >
> >The prop will be a 66" x 105" and very beefy to handle up to 350 HP.
> >
> >He has a guy flying an E-Racer with a TIO540 using one of his 66"x113"
> >props, going 300 MPH at sea level!! And he hasn't opened her all the way
> >up yet! :-)
> >
> >He's projecting a 225 KTAS at 16,000 ft, turning 2500 RPM, that should be
> >about a 13 GPH fuel consumption.
> >
> >I hope he's right!
> >
> >BTW, Catto's prices are going up this Jan, so if you want this years
prices
> >you have to get a deposit in by end of Dec.
> >
> >Scott
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >"Those who sacrifice freedom to get security, deserve neither."
> >- Benjamin Franklin
> >
> >_______________________________________________
> >To change your email address, visit
> >http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
> >
> >Visit the gallery! www.tvbf.org/gallery
> >user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
> >Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> >Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
> >
> >_______________________________________________
> >To change your email address, visit
> >http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
> >
> >Visit the gallery! www.tvbf.org/gallery
> >user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
> >Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> >Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
>
>
> "Those who sacrifice freedom to get security, deserve neither."
> - Benjamin Franklin
>
> _______________________________________________
> To change your email address, visit
http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
> Visit the gallery! www.tvbf.org/gallery
> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
More information about the Reflector
mailing list