REFLECTOR: Catto Prop
KeithHallsten
KeithHallsten at quiknet.com
Tue Nov 23 22:45:09 CST 2004
Dave,
How goes the prop testing? Did you get a chance to get some data with the
80" pitch prop on your plane? Craig advises that the 76" pitch prop he
originally made for you will probably be an excellent fit for my fixed-gear
XL. I'm still months away from being ready to install the prop, but I'm
curious about your latest findings!
Keith Hallsten
----- Original Message -----
From: "Dave Dent" <davedent at comcast.net>
To: <dvblack at comcast.net>; "Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list"
<reflector at tvbf.org>
Sent: Tuesday, November 09, 2004 7:31 PM
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Velocity Views and the Reflector
> By the way all the information related to the Catto prop is true. I put
the
> prop on his plane and I think we can do even better then he is getting.
The
> prop is a 67 X 80 and he's getting 2300 rpm static. I am going to put it
on
> my XL and see if I can get the same. If I can I will be changing the
pitch
> to 82" and see if we can get more top end. My pitch is only 76 and I'm
> only seeing 172 TAS. We both are running IO-540 260HP. His plane weights
> in close to 200lbs more then mine. I will be doing it sometime next week.
> I think we now have a very good alternative for the MT and you can print
> that and take it to the bank. Close to a $10K saving in building of a new
> plane, right off the top.
More information about the Reflector
mailing list