REFLECTOR: Radiator Install

Joe jewen at comporium.net
Tue Nov 23 21:09:29 CST 2004


Wayne,
I too am very interested in any radiator installations.  If you don't mind
would you send me pics as well.
Thanks,
Joe
----- Original Message ----- 
From: "Alex Balic" <alex157 at direcway.com>
To: "Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list" <reflector at tvbf.org>
Sent: Tuesday, November 23, 2004 7:40 PM
Subject: REFLECTOR: Radiator Install


> Wayne,
> Could you send me a picture of your radiator installation_ I have a single
> unit from Griffin, and I am trying to find a way to get it in there
without
> enlarging the cowling.
>
> Alex
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org]On
> Behalf Of Wayne
> Sent: Tuesday, November 23, 2004 4:54 PM
> To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list
> Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Carburated Auto engine
>
>
> I had a crank angle sensor  partial failure in flight. I'm working with
> Tracy now on a version of his system to fit my Soob 3.3 L
> ----- Original Message -----
> From: "Jim Sower" <canarder at frontiernet.net>
> To: "Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list" <reflector at tvbf.org>
> Sent: Tuesday, November 23, 2004 10:54 AM
> Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Carburated Auto engine
>
>
> > Tracy Crook of  www.realworldsolutions.com  has an ECM that the whole
> > system is duplexed - you run on the A side or the B side (and alternate
> > from flight to flight).  Redundant sensors and everything IIRC.
> > Might help ... Jim S.
> >
> >
> > NMFlyer1 at aol.com wrote:
> >
> >> I had the same options when I designed my V-6 powerplant.  There are
> >> plenty of computer programs (specially for the LT1) that tuning and
> >> monitoring the EFI system are relatively easy. My sole concern of the
EFI
> >> system is the main processor.
> >>  Most modern ECM's do have a "limp home mode".... that many don't
> >> completely understand. The "limp home mode" only works if the system
has
> >> malfunctions/failures in the sensors.  IT DOES NOT HAVE A BACKUP IF THE
> >> ECM ITSELF FAILS!! Since I have had 3 seperate computer failures, on 3
> >> different types of automobiles, all without warning. That was
> >> unacceptable.
> >>  There is no doubt that a computerized EFI would be the most efficient.
> >> It was just my choice not to trust the processor. By far, the least
> >> efficient would be the carb.  But; they are the good ole technology.
> >>  I chose the multi port Airflow Performance system for my own
> >> application, but I believe the Ellison Throttle body is a good choice
> >> too. All the best,    Kurt
> >>
> >>------------------------------------------------------------------------
> >>
> >>_______________________________________________
> >>To change your email address, visit
> >>http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
> >>
> >>Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
> >>user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
> >>Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> >>Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
> >>
> >
> > _______________________________________________
> > To change your email address, visit
> > http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
> >
> > Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
> > user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
> > Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> > Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
> >
> >
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> To change your email address, visit
> http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
> Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
>
> _______________________________________________
> To change your email address, visit
http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
> Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html




More information about the Reflector mailing list