REFLECTOR: Garmin 296

HYTEC45 at aol.com HYTEC45 at aol.com
Tue Nov 23 16:02:01 CST 2004


In a message dated 11/23/2004 1:26:06 PM Pacific Standard Time, 
CBarber at texasattorney.net writes:
I too love my Control Vision Anywhere Map. I have been using it for a couple 
of years and it is great.  The ONLY drawback as far as I am concerned is that 
you do need to maintain some "wire management".  
What is "wire management"?  If you mean the leeds in/out, there is only one 
connector on the bottom of the iPAC 5550.  I ran the cord from the plug under 
the panel, then cut off the "cigar" lighter plug, and hard wired everything in 
via a breaker for +.  The harness provided by Control Vision for this will 
only be used in the aircraft anyway as it has the leed out for the AP.  I have 
one coiled wire that plugs in the bottom of the iPAC then it's Velcrod to an 
angled aluminum bracket mounted on the counsel in front of the stick.  Very clean 
setup.  You could keep the aircraft harness in tact for other aircraft use by 
installing a female power port plug behind the panel out of sight, and run to 
that.  I also purchased an additional DC plug for the auto.

Of course if you rent, it's a different story, but still, not much different 
from a portable GPS as you still have to relocate the antenna (more wire) for 
good signal, and run the "cigar" lighter plug (more wire again) to a power 
port.

TEC
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20041123/251268ea/attachment.htm


More information about the Reflector mailing list