REFLECTOR: Canard Bulkhead and Gear Pockets

Tom & Mo Falls thefalls at athenet.net
Fri Nov 19 16:16:38 CST 2004


I bought a Standard RG from a previous builder (1995-1996) vintage and also bought the new gear bulkhead and pre-made gear pockets (just received them).  The following is a direct quote from the manual:

"Install the canard bulkhead at the 41" mark make sure it is plumb with the firewall and that

it is level laterally with the gear pockets.

Note: It is very important to get the canard top and gear pocket top to

match up laterally. Your center spar and your canard rest on these and

this will make sure that they line up laterally."

I assume this means that the top of the canard bulkhead and the top of the gear pockets need to be at the same elevation. The problem is mine don't work out that way. I've double and triple checked fuselage level (I'm using a water level) and bulkhead placement, but the top of the canard bulkhead is about 2.5" higher than the top of the gear pockets (not even close to level!). The canard bulkhead is the original with the kit and has a flange all the way around. It is just shy of 16" high in the middle.

Anybody have any ideas of what I'm doing wrong or can check?

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20041119/94bd1071/attachment.html


More information about the Reflector mailing list