REFLECTOR: Gearbox alignment

Wayne wowens at darientel.net
Sun Nov 14 10:56:54 CST 2004


Hi,
Are there any motorhead/ machinist among the group who have ideas about aligning my Marcotte  reduction drive  to the Soob in N33SV? I have had this "thrumming" vibration  since day one aand attributed it to the flexible coupling/flywheel arrangement. I recently converted the drive to a solid coupling with heavier flywheel similiar in concept  to Eggenfeller's approach.  I machined a snug fitting bronze bushing to replace the pilot bearing in the flywheel and it brought to light  the mis-alignment of the reduction input shaft from the end of the crankshaft. It wallowed out in about 10 hours.  
How would you measure the axial and radial run-out  of the input shaft in order to  relocate the mount and improve the alignment?
Dealing again with Marcotte is not high on my list.
Since most glass grinders arent interested in this stuff if you prefer to respond off reflector my e-mail address is:wowens at darientel.net 
Thanks,
Wayne Owens
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20041114/3f195a28/attachment.htm


More information about the Reflector mailing list