REFLECTOR: GX60 saga
Brian Michalk
michalk at awpi.com
Thu Nov 11 12:36:31 CST 2004
I have wanted a GX60 ever since I planned my panel.
I was concerned when Apollo was bought by Garmin, but I didn't have the
funds at the time to get the GX60. I've been trying to buy one for about
three months now.
Ebay is rediculous. Units are going for almost new prices.
Garmin has been offering $2500 for GX60's with credit towards their MFD
line.
About six weeks ago I called GarminAT. I was told they had some units, and
to talk to my dealer. I figured the dealer with the biggest stick would be
Aircraft Spruce. I pre-ordered with Aircraft Spruce, and checked in from
time to time.
This morning I was told that the pre-order had been cancelled because the
lead time was excessive. Okay, I called GarminAT. The nice girl told me
that they shipped some units to Garmin yesterday. Good. She gave me the
rep's name for Texas, and also Aircraft Spruce. I called Aircraft Spruce,
told them Garmin would have units probably today, and gave them the name of
the rep. Aircraft Spruce called me back, saying that Garmin has no idea if
or when they will get any GX60's in stock.
So, I called GarminAT again, trying to run this up the food chain. Then
Garmin, trying to talk to a rep. Since I'm an end customer it's like I'm a
leper or something. Their sales department is worthless, but apparently the
reps know what's going on. I left messages for the Aircraft Spruce rep, and
filled out their web page form.
No response yet.
Anyone have any inside connections that I could try?
P.S.:
No, I do not want anything else. I want a GX60, so don't go there.
Brian Michalk <http://www.michalk.com>
Life is what you make of it ... never wish you had done something.
Aviator, experimental aircraft builder, motorcyclist, SCUBA diver
musician, home-brewer, entrepreneur and barely single
More information about the Reflector
mailing list