REFLECTOR: Prop performance

Dennis Martin dmartin at cougar.netutah.net
Tue Nov 9 15:32:11 CST 2004


Hey Al,

I've got Catto's test prop  - we'll know my numbers soon.  Please 
come back to Utah and make my cowl look like yours.  What a sweet, 
smooth bullet.  Great craftsmanship.

Best,
Dennis


>I thought I would pass along this info from Craig Catto.  He had 
>told me earlier that he had worked up a prop design (fixed pitch) on 
>the 540 powered XL that was getting takeoff rolls only 100 ft more 
>than an MT, climb rate not much less (don't remember the numbers), 
>and as good or better top end.  I had sent him a couple of shots of 
>my cowl and prop spinner with his prop; and he sent the following:
>
>We had another XLRG 540 fly with my fixed pitch prop over this last 
>weekend... another gear up MT loss... Less than $3K and he was back 
>in the air with my prop, extension and spinner.... figures were with 
>full fuel, 1100 feet ground roll, 1300ft. min climb and TAS 
>193KTS!!.. average in runs in several directions... the owner was 
>writing Duane a letter tonight...
>There are sure a lot of rotary conversion guys out there, so will be 
>happy to hear how your runs... even static, let me know..
>Thanks,
>
>Craig Catto
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20041109/002603bb/attachment.html


More information about the Reflector mailing list