REFLECTOR: Speed brake usage question

Jim Sower canarder at frontiernet.net
Sun Nov 7 20:29:21 CST 2004


The only thing I can think of would be simulating an engine failure with 
idle power and partial S/B.  Of course that presupposes a known partial 
deflection which is not available.  Better simulation might be had with 
full down S/B and known power above idle.

So actually I can't think of a thing ... Jim S.

Kufalk wrote:

> I have never flown an airplane with a speed brake.  Is there ever a 
> situation where you would want to extend the speed brake only 
> partially down?
>  
> I am looking at switches to actuate the speed brake and I am thinking 
> about one that has a spring return to center for the down position.  
> Then I could run it just like the flap switch on a Cessna 150.  If I 
> want 30 degrees of brake, I would hold the switch for 3 seconds.  (The 
> actuator moves the brake panel about 10 degrees per second to a 
> maximum of 60 degrees)  In the up position it would stay there and 
> retract all the way on it's own.  I would install the switch just 
> above the throttle so I could reach it with my left index finger when 
> my hand is on the throttle.
>  
>  
>
>------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
>_______________________________________________
>To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
>Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
>user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
>Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
>Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
>



More information about the Reflector mailing list