REFLECTOR: STRONG PITCH SYSTEM

Brett Ferrell bferrell at 123mail.net
Sun Nov 7 12:47:38 CST 2004


I'm wondering why Dave Nelson doesn't seem to have this issue.  Dave - did you do something different?  Did you experience this?

Brett

  ----- Original Message ----- 
  From: Tom Martino 
  To: reflector at tvbf.org 
  Cc: ALEXIS STRONG 
  Sent: Sunday, November 07, 2004 1:13 PM
  Subject: REFLECTOR: STRONG PITCH SYSTEM


  I received the Velocity Strong Pitch System from Alex (nice man).  As I reported previously ... it looked great.  However, in practice, after installing it, I found what I consider a major flaw.

   

  If you look at the photo I attached you will see it.

   

  The system installs like a dream ... but in actual operating it is impossible to push and pull the stick (against the spring) without causing an "upward" pressure on the override assembly.  Even with a pivoting actuator ... the pressure is still there.  The result?  After much testing and use, the stick-attach mechanism will "pop" out of the channel and come out of the override assembly as mine did.

   

  I have had other verify my theory.  There is no way to install it without having the "upward" pressure.  The only way it could be relieved is to somehow have a variable length stick that would retract and extend as needed, while the override mechanism slides fore and aft.

   

  I love the idea ... but not in it's present form.

   

  Tom 

   

   

   



------------------------------------------------------------------------------


  _______________________________________________
  To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector

  Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
  user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
  Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
  Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20041107/8ef143e8/attachment.html


More information about the Reflector mailing list