REFLECTOR: roll-trim system

Scott Derrick scott at tnstaafl.net
Sat Nov 6 07:46:38 CST 2004


I have an auto pilot and use it on long trips.

I also use the roll tirm when hand flying.

Glad you got the trim worked out.  I think its the most common reason for 
uneven fuel flow. I  fact you could use fuel flow to verify correct trim.

Scott

At 06:06 PM 11/5/2004, you wrote:
>Shortly after flying off my restrictions on my plane in 1998, I removed 
>the roll trim system as never needed or used it. Any roll trim required is 
>handled by my Navaid Auto Pilot.
>Do any of you Velocity pilots with an installed auto pilot ever use your 
>roll-trim?
>First make sure your plane flies straight with neutral ailerons. My bank 
>indicator was originally installed in the panel not perfectly level so 
>with ball centered, plane was flying in a slight crab causing uneven fuel 
>tank flows. Adjusting left rudder out 1/4" at aft edge and rotating bank 
>indicator to level solved the problem.
>Don White  N19DW  XL/RG
>
>
>_______________________________________________
>To change your email address, visit 
>http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
>Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
>user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
>Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
>Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html


"Those who sacrifice freedom to get security, deserve neither."
- Benjamin Franklin



More information about the Reflector mailing list