REFLECTOR: Micro, primer and glass

Al Gietzen ALVentures at cox.net
Fri Nov 5 17:17:51 CST 2004


I'd say just figure that every (any) intermediate layer reduces strength,
and when you say "micro" I assume you mean EZpoxy and microspheres.  I'm
quite sure that primer is not as strong as EZpoxy, and alphapoxy micro
(filler) is very weak. So structural is glass to glass, and since primer and
"filler" sand off pretty easy, I preferred to get it off just about any time
I was putting something over except more filler.

 

Al

 

-----Original Message-----
From: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org] On
Behalf Of Barber Law Firm
Sent: Friday, November 05, 2004 12:04 PM
To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list
Subject: REFLECTOR: Micro, primer and glass

 

Ok, sorry to get off the trim issue but I want to verify my understanding of

something.

 

If I understand correctly, you CAN apply micro over primer and over sanded

glass, but you do NOT apply glass over primer or micro.....right?  It is the

micro over the primer I am mainly interested in since the kit comes with so

much primer on the fuselage.  TIA.

 

All the best,

 

Chris

 

Christopher Barber

Attorney and Counselor at Law

 

"Serving the needs of Senior Texans"

 

Barber Law Firm

11930 S Sam Houston Pkwy E

Suite 103

Houston, Texas 77089-4755

281-464-LAWS (5297)

 

 

CBarber at TexasAttorney.net

www.TexasAttorney.net <http://www.texasattorney.net/>

 

Texas <http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001>

 

 

_______________________________________________

To change your email address, visit
http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector

 

Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery

user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose

Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail

Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20041105/881288a8/attachment.html


More information about the Reflector mailing list