REFLECTOR: STRONG PITCH TRIM SYSTEM

Tom Martino tmartino at troubleshooter.com
Fri Nov 5 09:45:44 CST 2004


I am one of the lowly "non-fliers as of yet" and YES, I actually have the nerve to question design and operation ... based on thousands of hours of flying, building and restoring several airplanes over 28 years.  I have also heard from others who do fly Vs and have flown other Vs myself.
 
I do not profess to know "all" or "more" than anyone else ... but I do believe one can formulate opinions based on gathered data.
 
By the way ... I agree on the use of  "Roll Trim" ... most people I have consulted say they don't need it and don't use it!  But I'm of the thought ... if you are going to have it ... it may as well work properly and be of sound design.  The "spring and string" is ridiculous.  You don't even have to be a pilot to see that.
 
Signed:  "Not-Flying-as-of-yet"
 
-----Original Message-----
From: HYTEC45 at aol.com [mailto:HYTEC45 at aol.com]
Sent: Friday, November 05, 2004 8:00 AM
To: reflector at tvbf.org
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: STRONG PITCH TRIM SYSTEM
 
In a message dated 11/5/2004 2:09:45 AM Pacific Standard Time, sbakr at comcast.net writes:
 
I find it interesting to read about builder rejection towards the fiberglass spring/linear actuator pitch trim mechanism.I'm all for trying new things - and the Strong system looks interesting.  But I'm also a follower of the "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" fan club.
Scott B.
 
After flying my STD-RG for over 9 years, I have to second you on that Scott.  I am also amazed by the constant perceived trouble by "non-fliers as of yet" regarding the cheesy roll string thing.  I ALMOST NEVER use the roll trim.  I may bump it once a year or so to just check if it still works.  As the designer of the best implement known to man (the pocket fisherman;-) says, "set it; and forget it".
 
TEC
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20041105/504ef360/attachment.htm


More information about the Reflector mailing list